Our Key Programs
EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH
Explore the full range of educational resources available at the Education portion of our site.
OUR EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Camp BIOmed: a science summer camp for high school students with multiple unique themes.
- Research Ambassador Program
A statewide program funded in part by a grant from the Washington Global Health Alliance. Ambassadors are available on topics ranging from AIDS research to the effects of drugs and alcohol on the brain. Speakers can tailor their presentations to a wide range of audiences including: service clubs, businesses, religious groups, educational institutions, health care and voluntary health organizations.
- Youth Ethics Summit
An interactive workshop for high school students and educators to unpack a topic in medical research with social implications. In 2019 we are tackling Vaccination Ethics and Policy in partnership with PATH.
SUPPORT OF THE RESEARCH COMMUNITY
For a full description of our member services, please visit the Benefits and Services portion of our site, or contact us. Some of the services NWABR provides for the research community include: From bench to bedside NWABR connects investigators, regulatory officials and compliance professionals with each other and experts from local and national agencies to promote safe, ethical research benefiting humans and animals.
INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL CARE AND USE COMMITTEE (IACUC) Conference
- Regional Education Conference brings together Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC) staff, administrators, veterinarians and lab technicians to review and discuss IACUC responsibilities, regulations and insights into issues related to research with animals.
- Read more about our upcoming IACUC Conference
Institutional Review Board (IRB) Conference
- Regional Conference equips institutional review boards (IRBs) and compliance officials with the tools necessary to protect the safety and dignity of individuals participating in research studies and clinical trials.
- Read more about our upcoming IRB Conference.
INSTITUTIONAL Biosafety committee (IBC) CONFERENCE
- Regional Conference equips institutional biosafety committees (IBCs) and compliance officials with the tools necessary to protect research staff and the wider community through the proper control and containment of research materials.
- Read more about our IBC Conference.
SECURITY and crisis communications conference (SCC) CONFERENCE
- Regional Conference equips security and communication staff in research institutions to prepare for and mitigate the consequences of significant events. Past conferences have considered natural disasters, physical and cyber security, screening of staff and volunteers, rebuilding after an event and managing public perceptions. This is a key conference for those who wish to be better prepared.
- Read more about our SCC Conference.
Here to Help
- In addition to the range of Research and other conferences NWABR is also here to support its members. Members receive significant conference discounts, invitations to networking events, consulting support and counsel. Members can also propose new ideas and suggestions that can support new program development.
- Most importantly NWABR is a network. The people and organizations most able to support initiatives in the biomedical research field are the other people and organizations in the field. By working to build this network NWABR bolsters the overall capacity of biomedical research in the Northwest.
- Read more about our member benefits NWABR Membership.